Are you ready to start a career that will last a lifetime? Or maybe you’re at a point in your career where you’re ready to find something new? If you’re exploring your options and professional truck driving has crossed your mind and sparked some intrigue, we’re here to help you make the right decision.
We’ve put together a list of five reasons why you may want to consider becoming a professional truck driver.
- Travel the Country – Are you an explorer or someone who wants to get out and see the world? As a professional truck driver, you’ll get to see parts of the country that many don’t experience. From beautiful mountains to gorgeous plains, you’ll get to see parts of the country others don’t.
- Independence – There are very few people who like being micromanaged or having a boss looking over their shoulder. When you’re a professional truck driver, it’s up to you to get the job done. It’s just you and the open road.
- Job Security – Now more than ever, people are realizing the importance of the supply chain. Truck drivers are in high demand and there are thousands of jobs to fill. No matter the state of the economy, we’ll always rely on truck drivers to deliver goods and transport necessary materials.
- Salary and Benefits – One of the best reasons to earn your Class A CDL and become a professional driver is the salary and benefits. Entry-level drivers average $35,000 per year and it only increases from there. From insurance to 401K options, being a truck driver will provide you with more benefits than other careers. With a great salary and steady benefits, you can look forward to retirement.
- Being on the Open Road – One of the best reasons to be a professional truck driver is you get to spend time on the open road. Many drivers love being able to see and do new things. Plus, the scenery is never the same. Every day is different!
If you’re ready to jump on in and begin a career as a professional truck driver, the first step is to enroll in a CDL training program. Once you’ve been able to get your license and a couple of years under your belt, we’d love to have you join our team at Double D Distribution. We’re always looking for great drivers to join our team, and we’d love to have you be a part of it!